Yesterday was quite an exciting day, my mum and I went on a little road trip to a yarn shop/manufacture called Uppingham Yarns, who are based in Uppingham. It was the first time I had been there and it was AMAZING (that had to be in capitals as it truly was) I've never been anywhere that has such a varied selection of not just types of yarns but colours, textures, ply and length. In the end I decided on four different yarns, three were pure lambs wool and the other was a mercerised cotton. The three wool's are on cones of 900g so they were quite a bit of money (I'm a student I think everything is too expensive) but I'm sure I'll get my moneys worth. this picture below is of the four yarns I brought.
The shop is lovely I would urge any craft person, knitter, weaver or whoever to go and visit, there is a small room on the first floor and then upstairs there are three big rooms with the yarns clearly on show. In nice bright rooms so you can touch and see the yarns and colours well. Its not a textiles primemark its all been thought about for the customers needs of wanting to have time to think about your options. You didn't feel rushed or unwanted as I feel in some smaller yarn shops, me and my mum were in there for a good half and hour. Also don't worry about taking a bag to carry your chosen yarns in, they have them available for you for free, another part of thinking about the customer which is really good. They sell online as well but I like to touch and see the yarns I'm going to buy.
If you have a chance take time and have a look I really recommend it, this is their website:

No comments:
Post a Comment